Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Wed Nov 05, 2014 11:48 am    Post subject: GOP Gains Control of Senate Reply with quote

Quote:
Riding a powerful wave of voter discontent, resurgent Republicans captured control of the Senate and tightened their grip on the House Tuesday night in elections certain to complicate President Barack Obama's final two years in office.

The Republican Senate leader, Mitch McConnell, dispatched Democratic challenger Alison Lundergan Grimes in Kentucky after a US$78 million campaign of unrelieved negativity. Voters are "hungry for new leadership. They want a reason to be hopeful," said the man now in line to become majority leader and set the Senate agenda.

Two-term incumbent Mark Pryor of Arkansas was the first Democrat to fall, defeated by freshman Rep. Tom Cotton. Sen. Mark Udall of Colorado was next, defeated by Rep. Cory Gardner. Sen. Kay Hagan also lost, in North Carolina, to Thom Tilllis, the speaker of the state House.

http://www.ctvnews.ca/politics.....z3IDIpkfI7
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Fri Nov 07, 2014 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Immigration seems to be the issue that most mobilizes the public.

It isn't the legal immigration, it's the flow from Mexico and central America that Obama has, in fact, encouraged.

Sometime soon, the real premiums on their so-called state medicine plan are going to be revealed. There might be more. The Obama-ites have solved a lot of political problems by delaying the implementation of Obamacare, and these delays have to start running out or coming up close enough that bothers people.

(By the way, has anyone seen what Americans are being asked to pay? I checked some of this out ... the rates for someone 63 or so, just before retirement, are $741 a month! Not only that, there are significant deductibles, like $5000! I don't know what 'deductible' goes with that premium. 25 year old males are being asked to pay $258 a month -- equivalent to a car payment. Most 25 year old males won't see a doctor for a decade, and even then, their annual medical bills would rares rise above the deductible limit.)

Look for a lot more angry people in the excited states of America. Particularly if Obama tries to achieve his immigration goals through executive actions, over the head of Congress.

The Democrats were looking forward to another long stretch of power, with permanent control of the Senate and House, as well as the Presidency, and now, six years later, they are only clinging to power. And it isn't because Americans like the Republicans, either. It's because of their own policies, and their own lack of competence, through all levels of the party.

The Democrats have become such a 'victims' party that they have lost their coherence. In their efforts to lock up the Hispanic vote for eternity, they have overlooked the inconvenient fact that Hispanics are the biggest rivals of Afro-Americans in the labour market.

They are full of such contradictions. Organizationally, they are dependent on civil service unions and personnel, which means they have to be for bigger and bigger government, as a practical matter. This is a long way from the alliance that Roosevelt put together.

I am not a pundit, and I have no crystal ball. But my bet is that the internal struggle that is always taking place within the Democratic Party will intensify into actual wars. The Clinton camp and the Obama camp. Already there is talk that they hate each other. And their bench seems thin -- if not Hillary, who? Who wants to left holding this bag of shit? (I heard there's a guy named Ignatieff ... naw, he's not even an American, now that I think. British, if I remember right ...)

If Obama persists, he could split the Democratic Party! And that will change everything!

Jump to: