Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:55 am    Post subject: Liberals don't really care about global warming Reply with quote

Because if they did they would focus more of their attention on China. If global warming were as valid as a theory as they contend then without China we are all doomed. Forget 5% below 1990 levels, we could reduce out emissions to ZERO and it would do NOTHING if China is left unchecked. THAT is why Kyoto is useless.

Quote:
Current plans call for the opening of a new power station every week, and most of them coal-fired.

Quote:
Last year alone China added the same amount of generating capacity as there is in the entire United Kingdom.

Quote:
China's coal reserves are big enough to last 200 years - coal is the dirtiest of the fossil fuels but no other energy source is so readily available.

Liberals are bent on destroying the Canadian economy for nothing. Our token efforts will buy the planet an extra couple of days without China stemming its polution growth.

If liberals really cared about the planet you would think they would spend more time worrying about one of the only countries that can actually do something about it.

This charade has nothing to do with global warming or the health of our planet. It has everything to do with votes. I'm not suggesting that we don't take action - everyone should do their part. But our efforts are futile and EXTREMELY costly. If we are going to impose such a massive cost on Canadians the very least we could do is complain a little more about the real problem - CHINA.
biggie

votes: 10

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 12:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agreed - most interestingly is the way they attack the Government for not kissing the feet of the chinese. It is very hypocritical of them, but hey - that's what they're known for.

You're absolutely right - votes.... You wan't to know a liberal MPs position on something - check the latest poll numbers. 8)
Duck Tory

Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3Reputation: 40.3
votes: 4

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Liberals like the democrats int he USA love to screw people's minds.
kwlafayette

votes: 28

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 4:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Another surprising thing I learned today is that my dog will eat food that I leave lying around unattended.

Seriously though, the truth is that no one is against the environment. Some people think about it more than others, some know more about, some have more concern. But to say that someone is purposefully against it? I don't buy that. At most, people are negligent in their duty to protect the environment, not really thinking long term.
Craig
Site Admin

Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8Reputation: 47.8
votes: 36

PostPosted: Fri Feb 16, 2007 8:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kwlafayette wrote:
But to say that someone is purposefully against it? I don't buy that.

Who said that? I said they don't really care about it. There is a big difference between that and saying they are "purposefully against it".
PostPosted: Sat Feb 17, 2007 3:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

of course not. The only thing they care about is to get our tax money to their friends as soon as they are back in power :?

Jump to: