Home FAQ Search Memberlist User Groups Register Login   

BloggingTories.ca Forum IndexBloggingTories.ca Forum Index
    Index     FAQ     Search     Register     Login         JOIN THE DISCUSSION - CLICK HERE      

*NEW* Login or register using your Facebook account.

Not a member? Join the fastest growing conservative community!
Membership is free and takes 15 seconds

CLICK HERE or use Facebook to login or register ----> Connect

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  

View previous topic :: View next topic  
Bugs

votes: 8

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 10:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't quite understand this antagonism to the Tea Party.

It has been slandered in the media, while the stinky and shamefully naive Occupy movement has been indulged. It has caused the RINO element within the Republican Party to be culled.

It hasn't 'cost' the Republicans anything politically significant. One or two or four seats don't mean much if it doesn't take the Republicans to a secure majority in the Senate.

It is average citizens exercising their rights, in a quiet and peaceful way. They have/had a lot of sophistication, refusing to become a political party, and opting to ignore the media.

The tide may be ebbing, but it is a shame. You have to understand that the elites are betraying the American tradition, and subverting its institutions. If the party pros make the decisions ... like in Canada ... then Chris Dodd and Barney Frank would probably still be in office. Think about it, Elizabeth Warren -- the faux Cherokee -- won! (She was the actual originator of the idea that 'you didn't build that'.)

What makes you think the elites are doing so well in the USA that a bunch of amateurs can't do better? Elizabeth Warren is only typical of them.
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Wed Nov 07, 2012 11:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bugs wrote:
I don't quite understand this antagonism to the Tea Party.

It has been slandered in the media, while the stinky and shamefully naive Occupy movement has been indulged. It has caused the RINO element within the Republican Party to be culled.

I can respect the movement while not respecting their approach;
Or more specifically the bizarre list of priorities and the order in which they are executed.

The founding principals of the Tea Party are near and dear to me, stop wasting money and spending recklessly, however the social agenda is one I could do without at least for now.

Bugs wrote:

It hasn't 'cost' the Republicans anything politically significant. One or two or four seats don't mean much if it doesn't take the Republicans to a secure majority in the Senate.

It is average citizens exercising their rights, in a quiet and peaceful way. They have/had a lot of sophistication, refusing to become a political party, and opting to ignore the media.

I consider the failure to win the Senate in 2010 and again last night a huge loss.

It has greatly cost the GOP, as Colorado, Delaware, and Nevada were attainable Senate Seats, and Indiana was also a safe GOP seat with Lugar, I would imagine it would have also resulted in Olympia Snow not throwing her hands up and allowing Angus King to swoop into Maine's seat.

That is largely control of the Senate right there; lost as a result of the "culling" process.

This mentality that you need to "cull" the GOP of RINOs is why the Democrats control the Senate.

In North Dakota rather then running a granola eating California Democrat against a GOP rockstar like Rick Berg, they opted for a hardcore non-moderate in Heidi Heitkamp who will likely vote with the Democrats maybe 80% of the time which is still a better average then had Rick Berg been elected there.

They went to the mat and took a seat that I had firmly in the GOP victory column because they understood the voters that were going to vote on election day, and give up a bit on principal in exchange for the freedom to have the means to pass most of their agenda through the Senate.

You cannot win a Senate Majority cramming Richard Murdock's down the throats of Indiana voters.

In the same way that you can't opt for Christine O'Donnell over Michael Castle and be surprised that you lost in an embarrassing fashion especially after Castle was showing a double digit lead (21 points) had he been the GOP nom.

We are in a situation where the Economy is THE issue, and I don't think this is the correct time to start outing fiscally Conservative Republicans who are social moderates in favor of socially Conservative Tea Party Republicans who are sort of fiscal Conservatives in states that are socially moderate.
RCO

votes: 3

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 9:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

the republicans with help from the tea party blow the seate elections and will have to sit down and figure out where they went wrong .
the republicans shoud of easily won North Dakota , Indiana and Missouri seats but managed to lose them in the end . by picking horrible candidates in at least 2 of those states

i don't think there was any way they were going to keep Maine or Mass seats even in best scenarios but alot of the smaller more rural states were winnable and shouldn't of been lost this year .
cosmostein

votes: 21

PostPosted: Thu Nov 08, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

RCO wrote:
the republicans with help from the tea party blow the seate elections and will have to sit down and figure out where they went wrong .
the republicans shoud of easily won North Dakota , Indiana and Missouri seats but managed to lose them in the end . by picking horrible candidates in at least 2 of those states

i don't think there was any way they were going to keep Maine or Mass seats even in best scenarios but alot of the smaller more rural states were winnable and shouldn't of been lost this year .

I agree with you.

The only way you keep Maine is if Snowe sticks around, and she left because the Senate was filled with bickering. She was a sure GOP victory.

What I find so hypocritical about the GOP's quest for "Conservative Purity" is that you run a Centrist like Brown in hopes of keeping Mass, yet you pitch a sure bet like Dick Lugar?

Goto page Previous  1, 2, 3  

Jump to: